Terms & Conditions
By completing the online booking form you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
1. Booking requirements
- You need to be 16 years or older to make a booking at Little Acres. If you are younger than this, please ask your parent, guardian or unit leader to make the booking on your behalf. We may be able to liaise with you as well, depending on the circumstances.
- Bookings can be taken up to 24 months in advance.
- For residential stays the Leader-in-Charge must have the relevant residential qualification or be running the event as part of her / his assessment (as agreed with her / his assessor). It is not the responsibility of Little Acres to arrange or provide residential assessment.
2. Booking Procedure
- Availability can be checked on the Little Acres website calendars. We endeavour to keep availability up to date. (We advise you to check both calendars on the main bookings page before making your booking).
- Bookings must be made by completing and submitting the appropriate booking form. You will receive an automatic confirmation of your booking enquiry. If you do not receive this please email firstname.lastname@example.org as these sometimes get stuck on the server.
- Correspondence will then be by email; it is your responsibility to supply the correct email address and check your junk / spam folders.
- If we can accept your booking it will remain as pending, awaiting payment of the non-returnable deposit. If we cannot accept your booking for any reason, we will inform you of this.
- If your full payment is less than the fixed deposit amount, we require full payment to confirm your booking.
- We will hold your provisional booking (pending) for three weeks (21 days) from the date of receipt of the online booking form. Your booking will only be confirmed after payment of the non-returnable deposit is confirmed by the Treasurer.
- For residential bookings, we will contact you three weeks (21 days) prior to your booking date with check in/out information and request that you to confirm final numbers and arrival/departure times. We will notify you of any price or other changes at the same time.
- Full payment must be received within two weeks (14 days) of your visit.
3. Prices and Payments
- We display our prices on our website and take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices displayed are correct.
- We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. We will endeavour to notify confirmed bookings of any annual price increases at the start of the new year, but it is the responsibility of the leader making the booking to check the website and to budget for such an increase.
- You will be charged at the published rate when we send you the invoice for payment.
- Payment can be made by cheque or by bank transfer – details of how to pay are detailed after submission of the booking form and on the invoice. Please contact email@example.com you require further information on making a payment.
- If you think the invoice is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know, in order that the invoice may be corrected and reissued.
- If our invoice contains an obvious pricing error that could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing we reserve the right to cancel your booking if you are not willing to pay the published rate. In this circumstance refunds will be issued, if applicable, in accordance with our cancellation policy.
4. Amendments, Postponements, Cancellation Policy and Refunds
- You can contact the booking secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to discuss your booking. Please provide us with your booking reference and the date of the booking.
- You are required to supply all such information which is reasonably required for us to confirm and manage your booking, including ensuring that the information you supply is accurate, true, and complete. You shall promptly inform us of any changes.
- You can postpone your booking by notifying us by email up to 12 weeks (84 days) in advance of the start of your booking and we will carry over the deposit to a new date, subject to availability.
- If you want to postpone your booking with fewer than 12 weeks (84 days) until the start of the booking, we will treat this as a cancellation and will not refund your deposit. You can move your booking to a new date, subject to availability. The final invoice will be for the full cost of the booking (i.e. no deposit will be deducted).
- If you tell us you have changed your mind within the 21-day provisional booking period and you have not paid the deposit no payment is required; if you have paid the deposit we will refund the deposit.
- If you tell us you wish to cancel after the 21-day provisional booking period has passed you will not receive a refund of the deposit; you may choose to postpone instead.
- If you or we cancel your booking for any of the reasons set out below, we will refund you in full (including any deposit paid):
- we have told you about an upcoming change which you do not agree with (please note this excludes any routine price increase which you should anticipate if your booking has been made a long time in advance);
- we have made an error in pricing or booking details and you do not wish to proceed with the booking;
- we need to suspend or delay the booking for reasons outside of our control.
5. Our rights to cancel your Booking
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking if:
- you do not abide by these Terms and Conditions;
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still have not made payment to us within 5 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within 10 days of us asking for it, provide us with the information that is necessary for us to issue the invoice for the balance of payment.
- If we cancel your booking for any of the above reasons, you will be charged in accordance with the cancellation policy above.
6. Insurance and loss of property
- It is your responsibility to arrange or confirm appropriate insurance against cancellation, curtailment, personal accident, personal liability and theft.
- Little Acres only accepts liability for loss, damage or injury resulting from negligence by Little Acres.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of your statutory rights, including the rights to receive services as described and supplied with reasonable skill and care.
7. Statement of assumed risk
- Outdoor and adventurous activities often involve learning new skills in unfamiliar environments. Both participants and persons with parental responsibility must accept an element of risk. To minimise risk we regularly risk assess our site and these are available on the website. You must produce your own risk assessment(s) for any activity on site or within the buildings which you are responsible for.
8. Data protection